December 11, 2005

Mom and I are on the way to Bangkok for Christmas. (Stephanie's words) Mom left yesterday (Sunday am Austin time) and makes about 3 stops before landing in Bankok a day or so later. My vacation starts in a week, so I will follow then. Mark called a few days ago and was very excited that we might get to spend a few days on one of the islands in Thailand... that's been the goal since he moved there for treatment, but something else has always come up. Mom's packed brisket again and I stocked up on Mark's favorite snack foods that he can't get there... the number one request was for Pizza Rolls (they have some in BKK, but it's $30 a bag!) so I am working on how to keep them from melting on the plane. We plan to have a nice holiday, wherever we are, and Mom has packed our childhood stockings, and I have bought a Texas cowgirl-boot stocking for Mom. Santa, if you're reading this - we'll be leaving some yummy Thai goodies out for you!

No comments: