February 21, 2006

Mark on right and friend in Bangkok on left...now I ask you this: Whose hair sticks out more, Mark's after chemo or his friends??


Chemotherapy Makes for Strange New Hair When it Falls Out and Comes Back In.
Mark's tells me his hair has come in coarse and it sticks out, particularly at the temples, in strange ways and he has not found any products that keep it down. His hair came in kind of salt and pepper after it fell out from chemo. My friend Audrey's reddish blond hair fell out and came back snow white with not a grey hair and it is also coarse but not as curly. These changes are worrisome to those who experience them. This may not seem big to you or I but it would if it was our hair. I think Mark's Hair and Audrey's hair is beautiful but it is not what I think, but what they think that is important. Here is what Mark said about his hair in an e-mail entitled "Hair I am" ..."My hair is stiff and coarse on the sides, it sticks out and makes me look like an aeroplane trying to take off. Nothing seems to make it stay down, so I am growing it longer and maybe it will help to stay down. I took a pair of scissors and tried to cut it a bit but now I have a hole in my hair on the right side. If anyone says anything I tell them its the chemo and a patch fell out on that side."
Report on Kuhn Petey (Mr. Petey Bird) - Mr. Mark is concerned that his pet Mr. Petey bird does not seem comfortable around people and thinks he is to old to learn new tricks. He is thinking of getting a baby bird. He can't give up his Mr. Petey the miracle bird so guess he will have to have two birds in one cage if they get along or two birds in two cages if they don't. Does anyone have some bird advice for Mr. Mark? Chirp if you do.
Pui's Brother Shaves His Head and Becomes a Monk - Look up the story in an earlier blog about our young friend Pui's death. I learned from Ian that a picture of a single Monk standing by Pui's casket that I sent him by e-mail is a picture of her brother. He shaved his head and became a monk when she died.

No comments: