June 29, 2007






Past Rotary District Governor Clift and the ladies do back-up for Elvis, Elvis Sighted Again Standing next to Mom, Pretty Ladies and Elvis, and Pinetop Perkins the Blues Great (Click on any picture to enlarge it)

Mark was too ill to go to the Rotary Installation of Officers at Ralph and Penny Dellana's home and wouldn't you know it, Pinetop Perkins was a surprise guest and played the piano and Elvis sang. Past District Governor of Rotary Clift Price and the ladies gave the crowd a thrill with their back-up dance for Elvis.

Mark missed it all but he is now feeling much better and hopes to catch the next exciting sighting of Elvis or Pinetop. Mark is now taking pictures of wildlife, birds, deer and whatever he can sight off the deck, in the greenbelt behind the house. Will publish some of those pictures soon. He is thinking of doing some nature paintings in oils. Our neighbor accross the street is an artist and has offered to help Mark.

People have logged onto the blog from 58 countries now. Do you know that if you mouse over a flag, on the flag board in the right hand column on the blog, the name of the country of that flag will appear. The same is true of the circles below the flag board. The latest flags of counties where people logged on from are Haiti, Nigeria, Nepal and Iraq. People have logged on from: Austria, Afghanistan, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Switzerland, Chile, China, Cote D'Ivoire, Czech republic, Germany, Ghana, Haiti, Hungary, Spain, Finland, France, United Kingdom, Greece, Guam, Haiti, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, India, Italy, Israel, Japan, So Korea, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Madagascar,Morocco, Myanmar, Northern Marianas Islands, Mexico, Malaysia, Nepal, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Singapore, El Salvador, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Serbia, and So. Africa.

Thanks for telling friends and family to visit the blog - Please pass the URL out to anyone and everyone! We are working on getting 10,000 hits on it Where else can you get such exciting news as well as updates on Mark?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all. How's the photography coming along? I got a chance to go to Brazos State Park and capture birds on my memory sticks, but I had forgotten to charge the good camera. The 4x zoom max will give me only what I can see with my eyes, no closer. So who needs that? The other does 10x very well (when I remember to charge it!!) So I had to edit the pix which made them fuzzy. But I got some water birds I'd never gotten before. Yellow Crowned Night-Heron, an entire Anhingua..not just his head and neck out of the water, Little Blue Heron, Green Heron. I had a Great Blue Heron taunting me all afternoon. He was funny. Then I nearly stumbled on a three feet alligator. When my gorgeous male cardinal is at the right place in the yard, I'm not. So I think he's teasing me too.

Are you guys as sick of rain as I am? My tortoise is probably growing Irish moss between his toes. He eats like a horse between rainstorms. Of course I still have to hand feed him or he'll come and knock his shell on the back door and remind me who is the boss!!

You guys take care and keep on having fun. I'm going to try to be up in Austin this Thursday when St Rep Rick Noriega (my hero) announces his bid for John Cornyn's US Senate position. If I get a chance I'll phone you and try to meet up with you! Love you!

Tutaonana Munga akipenda! (I am trying to teach myself Swahili so I can translate children's books for teachers for a program I'm involved with my friend who owns the Karen Blixen plantation and runs the International Primate Center in Kenya.) It means we will see each other again if God wishes.