November 18, 2007

Large python comes over the fence of the compound in Bangkok - Mark sent an e-mail saying "the people next door woke me up early because they saw a python coming over our wall into our yard. They said it was 10-12 inches around and about 20ft long. We think it was headed to our other neighbor's house to try to eat a chicken or a goat. I asked them if they have seen snakes around before and they said " O yes, usually cobras" I will try to attatch a picture of me in front of the house. It is on about 100 st. or about 80 blocks from where we used to live at sukhumvit and Asoke (21st). Also found a new all you can eat bar-b-q place. Very clean with big shrimp for 79 b (about $3) all u can eat. Feeling pretty good, sleeping alot and just hanging around the house mostly. I am looking everywhere for dill pickles, no luck. do they have a powder or something you mix with vinegar to make your own? I will look on the internet for a recipe. I have to take a motercycle taxi to the mall to use the internet, but it is cheap. 10baht for the taxi and 10baht for 30min internet. OK enough for now miss u and hope to see u soon love Mark "
I will try to get Mark to get a picture of the python or at least the chickens and the goats next door.
8471 visitors to the blog as of today. Heading for 10,000 by Mark's birthday in April.
Cancer keeps us prisoners Lisa and Gary Molina's child Thomas was thought to have his leukemia under control after 5 years of no sign of it; however it is back. He heads to the hospital this Friday for further evaluation. If you like, you can send money or food to help out. I will give you a contat person
Mom is headed to Bangkok on Dec.2 using airmiles economy seat so mom could be sitting in the middle of a big row of non English speaking people doing self-flagellation. During most of one unforgettable trip some nervous looking Asian lady was beating herself harshly about the legs and arms. Not sure if it was to toughen herself or to keep herself awake or what....maybe some ritual.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been afraid that was how she was dealing with her scabies. Oh God, now you'll never go! Just take some spray Betadine with you!

We're all OK here. Glad to hear everyone scattered all around the globe in your family is doing well. Nothing new to related except the tortoise put himself up for the winter. He's knocked on my back door for the last meal of 2007...sugar snap peas, red hibiscus flowers and curly kale. My granddaughters from the Netherlands are coming this Christmas so I'm busy trying to get Helen's washer and dryer and other assorted apartment furniture out of my living room so they'll have a place to play. I have to say, I'd take a python any day over a cobra. Certainly over a rattler. We should send them some armadillos.
My love to all.--Ann

Mimi said...

Thanks for your comment. Best of luck to you. My husband was diagnosed zillions of years ago with lymphoma when he was only 20. Told he had three months to leave with chemo...he's 54 now. Went into remission in the first year & it never returned. Hang in there.