October 27, 2012

                                Enjoying Life In a Time of Uncertainty: Catching the Big One 

Even though life is uncertain with having battled hard and long against stage IV cancer and a second unrelated cancer of the kidney and not being sure if cancer will come back for another siege, Mark manages to enjoy his life.  His friend and former co-worker Alan visited Mark in Thailand last week. There was scuba diving in the waters off Pattaya and there was fishing by Alan, Mark, and Mark's friend Ann. The big one was caught and released. Alan is back in Reno probably working, watching football, or skiing  When I talked to Mark yesterday. he was cooking something Thai and preparing a series of Thai food recipes complete with pictures. To those of you battling cancer or those caring for someone with cancer, take a few deep breaths and relax as much as you can, savor the moment free of worry. Worry-free moments fortify us to do what we have to do to win out over cancer and other challenges in life.

1 comment:

alexanderbaron79@hotmail.com said...

Hello

I don't know who this will reach. I have been searching for positive stories online and have not found many. Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Alex and I started having swallowing difficulties last October (2012) I was hospitalised in February and an endoscopy was done and two weeks after my discharge from hospital I was diagnosed with cancer. A CT scan and a week later and I was told it had spread to parts of my abdomen and liver. I have had two sittings of Chemotherapy and have been given a week of to rest extra as my bloods were not right for Chemo this time so I have until the 18th April before sitting 3. Anyway I divulge too much and this is heavily cut down to give you the basics of my situation. I have gone from acid reflux to possible dysphagia to an ulcer being spotted to this being the outcome.

Anyway I have never been upset but angry as it gets in the way of my life and I have always been positive. I went online to see other stories about peoples lives with it and all I saw was negative stories of people not surviving and was about to give up when I saw this blog and it is amazing to see someone who has the same attitude as me and survived so long. It makes me happy that I am not alone and that there isn't all but sad stories out there in the world wide web.

Obviously you probably get a lot emails but a reply would be nice and it has made me a lot more positive that there is someone else out there!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Alexander James Baron