April 27, 2005

Planning trip to Amsterdam
I have purchased plane tickets for Amsterdam for Mark and me, and I worked hard to get seats with more leg room so he will be comfortable.

His mood had been down and he looks very sick, so I asked him what he was thinking about. He said he was thinking that he would never go on another trip again. I asked him where he wanted to go and he said "Amsterdam." He has lost a lot of weight from nausea and vomiting while on chemo.and was pretty sick, but I decided to take the bull by the horns and order up some tickets. Then I found out that we were going during the Queens silver anniversary on the throne and over a holiday weekend. I had to get help to find a room. Here are some e- mails to my daughter Stephanie and to James who are scouring the internet for rooms for Mark and I.

Steph, We have not found rooms yet in Amsterdam...James found the Nicolaas Witsen and he had our dates of arrival departure off by one day and had 8 days down and it was available until I changed the dates to make reservation

Steph and James, my shipbuilding geneology friend Hinrich in Emden has a cousin in Amsterdam checking on rooms for us It turns out the 5th is a holiday and people flock to Amsterdam...so we had best get something soon or be out in the cold..Maybe the cousin will come up with something.. ..We are scheduled to arrive on 5th and leave on 12th..it is probably the 5-7th that is the problem.

I have a contact with a young man in Amsterdam thru couchsurfing.com - I have his phone number and he has invited us to a free trip of National Park with a group.
more later of continuing adventure.

No comments: